Friday, March 14, 2008

Creepy Vampires

When I went to pick up David’s medication refill from the Dr. an order for blood work was attached. It said something about annual blood tests or something…..he’s never had his blood drawn so I am not sure about the reasoning, but I am sure it’s to make sure his meds aren’t doing any damage to his organs or something….no worries…..

Some background:
When David was younger and was getting immunizations all the time, I used to have to bring my dad with me to the Dr. on days I knew he was going to get shots. It’s because my child has been a mutant since birth and is incredibly big and strong. It took both of us to hold him down. As soon as his leg was exposed, he would start flailing and screaming. One time, my dad didn’t come with us. It was just me vs. the mini-man giant and he won. I was trying to hold him down the best as I could. The nurse got that needle out and it was on! Once that nurse got that needle into his leg, he reared up and kicked her. Hard. In the thigh. She refused to give him any more shots. She always got another nurse. Come to think of it, I think she retired. But I am sure it had nothing to do with my lovely, well behaved baby boy.

Present Day:
“David, on Thursday you have a half day at school. After I meet with your teacher, I am going to take you to get a blood test”

“A What?”

“Well, we have to go to the Dr, they are going to take some blood from you and send it off to the scientists so they can make sure you are healthy”

“How?”

“With a needle”

“Is it going to hurt?”

“yes, but just for a second, it feels like a pinch and then it is over and it won’t hurt anymore, you just have to be brave”

“But mom? It’s kinda creepy”

“Creepy?”

“Yeah, it’s like they’re vampires”

“Honey, they are not vampires, they are nurses or doctors”


(under his breath) .................................“yeah, creepy vampire nurses”

No comments:

Post a Comment